Active Community Heroes 19/20
Active Herefordshire and Worcestershire wants to celebrate and raise the profile of the great things that people and organisations do, to help people get and stay active locally. Over the next 12 months we will celebrate nominations from the following four 'Active Community Hero' categories:
- Inspiring Volunteer
- Inspiring Leader
- Welcoming Club
- Community Impact Project
We want you to shout about and share what you yourself, a group or individual you know, do really well to get people active. We welcome nominations from all parts of the community and would particularly like to hear from individuals and projects that have engaged the following groups: females, disabled people/long term health conditions, older people and young people at risk of offending.
We want to recognise and share the story of an individual that regularly volunteers their time within any role connected to sport and physical activity. This could range from a fundraiser to a helper or event co-ordinator and everything in between.
- Is currently an active volunteer within a sport or physical activity setting
- Helps to positively impact upon an individual or group that are participating in sport or physical activity, by volunteering their time
- Carries out their role with a positive and 'can do' attitude, through a person-centred approach
- Adds value to the organisation, group or project that they support
- Is committed to continuously improving themselves within their role
- Is a positive role model for others
Make your nomination now by clicking here
Nominations for this category will close on Monday 3rd February at 23:59.
How will we celebrate successful nominees?
- Successful nominees for each category will receive a session visit from Active HW, a recognition award and £50 equipment/kit voucher
- A case study video will be produced to share your story
Information for all nominees
- Please refer to the category criteria when completing the nomination form, limiting your answers to the word limits as indicated
- Those making nominations may be contacted by Active HW to obtain further information about the individual or group
- All nominees should be delivering or taking place within in Herefordshire and/or Worcestershire.
- Please only make one nomination per person, per category
- The Active Community Heroes Panel will assess all nominations, shortlist and select one per category to showcase
- Highlighted projects and individuals may be nominated to regional and national awards as appropriate
- Self-nominations will be accepted
- The minimum age for nominees is 16
- Active HW can only base their decision on the information in the nomination form, so please complete this to the best of your ability
- The decision of Active HW is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Active HW will use information to promote good practice and share community stories. By completing the nomination form, you are giving permission for the information to be used for publicity purposes
- Chosen nominees will be required to be interviewed and participate in a case study video within their own environment