We know that regular physical activity can reduce the risk of many chronic conditions including coronary heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, cancer and obesity. It can reduce anxiety, reduce feelings of stress and increase self-esteem thereby reducing the risk of depression. All of which can contribute to happier moods, clearer thinking and a greater sense of calm.
We work to support adults and older adults who have more pronounced physical health needs such as cancer, obesity and the risk of falling, to become more active. We want individuals to feel confident to be active at a level which suits them.
Project Manager (Adult Participation)
Sports Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire
- Adult Participation Programmes
- Strategic Lead for Strong and Steady Exercise Classes
- Strategic Lead for Macmillan Move More programme
- Physical Activity in the Workplace
- Physical Activity and Health
- 01905 542031
- 07766 697742