Sport Welfare Lead
We are looking to recruit a full-time Sport Welfare Lead covering Herefordshire and Worcestershire as part of the new national network of Sport Welfare Officers. If you want to help ensure everyone experiences the enjoyment and benefits of being active and believe their needs, expectations and safety should come first, then this Sport Welfare Lead role could be for you.
- In the region of £32,000 per annum
- Full Time
- Contract/Temporary (Fixed term until 31st March 2027 with possible extension subject to external funding.)
- Active Herefordshire & Worcestershire
- Placed On
- Thu 2nd November, 2023
- 11:59pm - Sun 3rd December, 2023
- Interview Date
- Wed 13th December, 2023
About Sport Welfare Lead
About the Role
The Sport Welfare Lead will be part of a new national network (43 Active Partnerships in England) to support National Governing Bodies for Sport (NGBs) and their local clubs , to make sport and physical activity a positive and safe experience regardless of age and ability.
The primary role will be to support local sports clubs. You will be able to build relationships (primarily with volunteers), to advise, guide, support and where appropriate challenge.
The successful person will understand the importance of having the right safeguarding and welfare practices in place, to ensure participants of all ages and abilities have the opportunity to take part and enjoy sport and physical activity in a safe way.
The role and approach have been developed in collaboration with a number of partners – including NGBs, APs, the NSPCC's Child Protection in Sport Unit, and the Ann Craft Trust. It is a response from Sport England and UK Sport to The Whyte Review, an independent investigation into the allegations of mistreatment in the sport of gymnastics. The role is funded through the lottery sports fund.
Why Work for Us?
As well as offering the opportunity to develop your skills in a challenging yet rewarding role, with the opportunity to improve lives across Herefordshire and Worcestershire through the power of physical activity, sport, and creative activities, we offer:
- Flexible working options - We recognise that our team have commitments beyond their working day. Our flexible working approach offers team members the ability to balance work and home life in a way that suits them.
- Generous annual leave policy - 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, your birthday (or a day within your birthday week) and an extra day at Christmas leave.
- Healthcare money back scheme through Westfield Health.
- A dedication to learning and development, with training and CPD opportunities.
- Company pension.
- Active Herefordshire and Worcestershire is an equal opportunities employer and so would welcome applications from all members of the community.
If you think you might have most of the essential aspects within the person specification but are not 100% sure, please do still apply and let us decide. We know that certain groups rule themselves out of opportunities assuming others will be more successful, but please don't be that person. We want applications from the widest cross-section of the community.
Active Herefordshire & Worcestershire is an equal opportunities employer and so welcomes applications from all members of the community.
The deadline for applications is 23:59hrs on Sunday 3rd December 2023. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 13th December 2023.
For more information and the full job description please download the recruitment pack.
Apply by downloading, completing and returning the application form or by emailing your CV and an accompanying covering letter that details how you meet the person specification.
For further details or an informal discussion please contact Simon Thomas, Deputy Chief Executive Officer on 07717 422184 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ahw-application-form1215-(1).doc (MS Word, 919.5 Kb)
recruitment-pack-sport-welfare-lead-(2).pdf (PDF, 415.8 Kb)
Active Herefordshire & Worcestershire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.