Invitation to Tender - Children & Young People Insight Partner
We are seeking an insight partner to support us to develop our understanding around what influences local children and young people to engage or not engage in sport and physical activity.
- Active Herefordshire & Worcestershire
- Placed On
- Wed 16th June, 2021
- 11:59pm - Fri 9th July, 2021
About Invitation to Tender - Children & Young People Insight Partner
Our mission at Active Herefordshire and Worcestershire is to tackle inactivity across both counties through the power of physical activity and sport. In order for us to achieve this, we recognise the need for us to understand what influences local children and young people (CYP) to engage or not engage in sport and physical activity. Although our CYP work covers the ages of 5-24yrs old, for the purpose of this research, we are focusing around 8-18yrs old.We acknowledge there isn't one single factor, but a culmination and combination of several factors. Using these to inform where we need to prioritise our focus, how we need to work to achieve our objectives, styles of communication and messages required to engage our target audience and stakeholders we can work closely with. As part of our new CYP strategy, Active Herefordshire and Worcestershire are seeking tender applications to deliver a research project that will help us understand the factors that influence CYP's views and engagement in being physically active across Herefordshire and Worcestershire.We want to gather deeper insight on the following areas:
- CYP across Herefordshire and Worcestershire (including nuances of each county and
- CYP with disabilities across Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- CYP living within IMD 1-2 areas across Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Girls from diverse ethnic communities in Worcester and Redditch districts
- What influences CYP locally in being physically active
- How they would choose to be active
- What enables or prohibits them in being active
- What they look to gain from physical activity and sport offers
- What types/formats of physical activity they are more attracted to (e.g. competitive, team
- activities, informal, class style etc)
- The types of communication channels they use when looking for opportunities.
According to the latest figures from Sport England's Active Lives CYP survey, nearly 27% of children and young people across both counties are inactive with only 48% of CYP meeting the Chief Medical Officers recommendations of at least 60mins of physical activity a day.
Consultants are free to develop a methodology they feel will best meet the projects aims. It is expected this will include observation, interviews and survey research. This should be described in detail in the tender. Additionally, we would also like consultants to provide timescales and a breakdown of costs
related to carrying out the research, analysis and reporting tasks. Please ensure that submissions are kept to no more that 3 sides of A4.
Submissions should be directed to:
Huw Griffths - Project Manager (Children and Young People) - email@example.com
cyp-insight-tender.pdf (PDF, 392.6 Kb)
Active Herefordshire & Worcestershire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.