Leadership in Running Fitness Course
Posted: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 14:44
If you're interested in running for fitness, over 18 and you'd like to lead a group, this is the course for you!
The Leadership in Running Fitness course is primarily for those working with adults' and/or young people over the age of 12 who enjoy recreational running for fitness and health. This may be within a Running Club or a community based group. Leaders will be licensed & insured by UKA to take a group of recreational runners of varied ability for fun safe sessions.
Topics Covered on the course:
- The role and responsibilities of a Leader
- Leadership skills: Safety, Organisation, Instruction and Explanation, Demonstration
- The barriers that stop people from taking up running, and how a leader can make a difference for them.
- How to plan sessions and deliver a safe and fun warm up and a cool down.
- Demonstration and supervision of effective stretching
- The different types of activity that can make running varied and enjoyable.
- Helping runners to set and achieve SMARTER goals.
- What is meant by an Athlete Centered Approach
- Carrying out Risk Assessments.
- Factors influencing performance
- Energy systems
The course takes place on Sunday 11th February at Stourport Sports Club, Kingsway, Stourport On Severn, Worcestershire, DY13 8BQ from 9am - 5pm.
To book online please click here