This Girl Can in Herefordshire & Worcestershire
Worcs Girls Can and Here Girls Can are localised versions of the national 'This Girl Can' campaign and are designed to get women and girls moving, regardless of shape, size or ability. In March 2018, the Sports Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire, in collaboration with eight lead schools across both counties, a range of supporting schools, and sport and leisure providers, engaged over 3,200 women and girls in the campaign. As part of the campaign, we case studied an excellent example of the changes that can be made to girls' PE to help increase participation. View the case study and 2018 impact here.
Here Girls Can and Worcs Girls Can 2019
Girls' PE is making the headlines. National research highlights the continued disparity between girls and boys when it comes to PE and sport and how this may affect girls' careers, mental health and physical wellbeing:
- Lack of physical among girls leading to poor mental health and low aspirations - The Independent
- Exercise is more precious than ever. So let's stop scaring kids off PE - The Guardian
- PE is a more important school subject than history, survey by YouGov finds - The Telegraph
- When women work out, it's often suggested that they want to "tone up". But that's not always the case - The Pool
- Girls 'switched off sport' for life by competitive PE lessons - The Telegraph
- Substantial link between being overweight and being depressed in young people - The Guardian
Within our 2019 campaign, we wish to address mental health and the perception of sport and physical activity among females through the delivery of an energetic, vibrant and engaging campaign. The dates have been finalised and applications for lead schools are now open!
This is a form to test the way that forms will look on the site when it goes live...again